ASEAN STUDIES CENTER OF CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY
Given the important of ASEAN to both Southeast Asia the world community, Chulalongkorn University has the groundwork for ASEAN studies and has promoted collaboration amongst various in Thailand Southeast Asia. The university has consistently developed and produced academic research in order to boost an in-depth understanding of ASEAN members and the whole region in terms of overall image and policy. The university has produces many competent and valuable graduates to serve ASEAN and the international community.
As ASEAN, has become increasingly important, Chulalongkorn University, as the academic pillar of Thailand, has established an ASEAN Studies Center at Chulalongkorn University with the consent of the Chulalongkorn University Council at its 734th meeting on Thursday, May 26th, 2011. The missons of the Center are to coordinate work related to ASEAN Studies within the university, to build competency, of the faculties, colleges and institutes to create a body of knowledge, to develop an in-depth collaborative academic network related to ASEAN issues and to disseminate the knowledge about ASEAN through extensive activities. Chulalongkorn University is therefore committed to be a reference center for ASEAN Studies at a national, regional and international level.
Academic Excellence in ASEAN Studies
- Developing a body of knowledge in ASEAN Studies.
- Coordinating in the creation, promotion and development of an in-depth collaborative academic network about ASEAN in Thailand.
- Serving as a gateway to academic collaboration between Thailand and the ASEAN Community and countries that come into contact with ASEAN and international organisations.
- Serving as the source of data and information about ASEAN.
- Supporting and promoting the creation and development of in-depth knowledge about ASEAN.
- Being a Think Tank that is responsible for analyzing knowledge about ASEAN so as to be able to give suggestions in terms of policy in order to deal with rapid changes in the ASEAN region.
- Being a centre for the promotion of the knowledge about ASEAN to the general public at a national, regional and international level.
- Being a centre for collaboration in education, training and research at a regional and international level.
The ASEAN Studies Center at Chulalongkorn University aims to operate in such a way as to serve as a source of academic reference in Chulalongkorn University and in the country and elsewhere.
It will also promote the integration of ASEAN members to become parts of ASEAN at a regional level. The Center’s strategic work operation is divided into five areas as follows:
Supporting strategy—promoting the creation and development of a body of knowledge.
Strategy related to the provision of the data, information and serving as a think tank.
Strategy in disseminating knowledge.
Strategy in publicizing and collaborating in the creation of an academic network within and outside the University.
Strategy in terms of its policy in dealing with changes in ASEAN.
ASEAN Studies Center of Chulalongkorn University
3rd Floor, Vidhaya Pathana Building, Chulalongkorn University, Phyathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
During 2014, the Center will move its office to Chamchuree 10 Building, Chulalongkorn University, Wang Mai Sub-district, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok Metropolis 10330
Tel. 02-2183929 Fax. 02-2183934